The King's Lynn Preservation Trust Limited

 

 

Photographs of
Projects

Trust's
Structure

The Greenland Fishery
Forthcoming
Events

Newsletter
Highlights

Our Role
Completed Projects
Contact Us
And
Joining Us

 


 

 

 


Patron

The Earl Of Leicester

Founded in 1958 by

Lady Joan Evershed

Over a Dozen Restored
Buildings


The King's Lynn Preservation Trust Celebrates FIFTY Years
Restoring The Heritage Of
King's Lynn
(click here)


                     The King's Lynn Preservation Trust has rescued numerous buildings of architectural and historic merit in the town of King’s Lynn.  Its first project was to finish the restoration of the Hampton Court building. Since then, the Trust has completed nearly a dozen projects in the historic heart of King’s Lynn. Several have received national and international awards.
 

Established in 1958 as an industrial and provident, the Trust has charitable status. Its full members are eligible to vote at annual general meetings, to consider the annual report of the Board of Management and to elect board members. Full members receive no dividend, nor do they benefit from any accumulated Trust funds.

Originally, the restored properties were made available for rent but more recently the buildings have been sold to create a revolving fund used for investment in later projects.

The fund has been supplemented by private donations, annual subscriptions from the Trust’s Associate Members and grants from local authorities and public bodies. Sometimes, loans have been raised for repair, conservation or conversion work and repaid upon the sale of the restored premises.

 

A Power Point Presentation, summarising the Trust, is available here
An Adobe Pdf recounting the history of the Trust, is available here
(PowerPoint Viewer available here)

Print Friendly

 

Copyright nathan©liberman